The Wieland family belonged to the Templar community that came from Germany to the Land of Israel in 1900 and decided to settle and establish its building materials factory near the train station and the Templar neighborhood of Walhalla.
The patriarch, Hugo Wieland, built the villa in 1902 as a single storey structure. In 1906 a second storey was added, to accommodate the family of 12. The building was designed in the Templar style, using materials produced by the family factory.
The front room, that served as a lounge and was the most beautiful and impressive room in the house, had a painted ceiling and coal fireplace for heating. During restoration two figurative murals common to the late 20th century, caricatures copied from a German magazine, were discovered. The floors were made of decorative tiles produced by the family factory.
The house was surrounded by a well tended garden with a fence that separated the private garden from the factory courtyard, where goods awaiting transfer to the train station were stored.
Some family members resided in the villa until the mid 1930’s, except during the period between 1917-1922 when the family was expelled to Egypt by the British.
The building was preserved in its original state throughout the years, except for a few items that did not survive, such as the handrail on the second storey balcony and the concrete columns on the ground floor.